Monday, June 22, 2015

Another Box This Time With Pics, Part Paint

The last time I made a box, I neglected to say how I made the box. I got a complaint about that, confirming that at least one person has read at least one entry (Hi, Tracey!). So here is another box with all the steps included.

First step, find a box. Here's the one I found. Is it a box? It is made out of wood and you can put things in it. I'm calling it a box and to hell with what anybody else thinks.


What am I going to do with this box? Hmmmmm, what to do, what to do. . .?  What I do is stare at it for a few moments. Form an idea of what I want the finished product to look like and then try to get reality to conform to what is inside my head. This rarely works out well for me. Reality has a way of not caring at all about what I think. Still, I try. 

We are going to paint, decoupage and embellish. Second step: paint.


These are the colors I am using: Too much damned white, spinach, poop and brown mustard. The actual names on the tubes of paint are: White, sap green, burnt sienna and raw sienna. The reason why there is so much white is that I wanted to mix the tube of paint up, in case it separated. Since there is something seriously wrong with me, I did not close the tube of paint correctly and squirted a whole lot of white paint all over.

Blend these paints on the box like so:


 I used 4 sponge brushes, one for white, one for green, one for the two siennas one for blending it all together. Voila! Painted box.

**
80's romance girl cried over Baby Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment